We Cry, "Abba Father"

February 25, 2015

Image Source

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15



December 11, 2014: How You deal with the pain and suffering of all creation is amazing to me. Sean wakes me (on my morning where I pledged to sleep in of course) telling me he feels sick and I immediately go into "SuperMom" mode to comfort him and try to make him feel better. Blanket and pillow on the couch. Juice in a cup. Favorite show on the TV. "Barf Bowl" in his lap. But sometimes all I can do is rub his back and promise him that this feeling of sickness will eventually pass. It's a small comparison to Your power because You can heal and comfort at levels I will never attain, but the comfort is there. You are available to comfort us all if we will accept it. I want your comfort, your protection, your guidance. I want to feel Your presences at all times, but I don't always know how to do that. 

It is hard to let go and let You have control of everything. I read things online and I get mad or paranoid. I know that's not the behavior I should exhibit. I stress too much about things that don't matter and won't matter. I continue to ask You to change my perspective, to keep me ever aware of what is most important- the unseen and the everlasting, the kingdom of the Lord. I know you are changing me, if others are seeing it too, I know it must be true. This makes me happy and grateful because I know it's not just me- it's You and only You. 

I am so excited that my family is coming to church again Sunday. I know that the sermons can sometimes get a little confusing, so I pray You will help them see Your truth. I would love for them to accept Jesus as their Savior and not not to their own understanding of life. But I also know how incredibly hard it is to truly do that- I mean, I was saved for almost 16 years and I'm just now there! We are stubborn, hurting women. It's hard for us to trust because of so many past hurts, so I just pray you will fill them with love, something they can really sense. I pray I can be a good witness to them- that God's light will shine though me for them to see. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs